Welcome to the Diet & Health Center, home of Holistic and Clinical Nutritionist and “Primal Diet – Modern Health” Podcast Host, Beverly Meyer
I have been practicing as a naturopath at my San Antonio natural health clinic, the Diet and Health Center, since 1985, offering health counseling with an emphasis on Food First! This means trying The Diet For Human Beings, my trademarked gluten-free, grain-free “Paleo” diet, a healthy low-starch, higher-fat diet. I work with local and long distance clients on health concerns of all types, especially hormone and gut concerns as well as anxiety and diabetes. (FOR INFO ON DISTANCE CONSULTS, PLEASE SEE FURTHER DOWN THE PAGE).
Without sugars and starchy, indigestible grains, amazing changes can occur quickly. Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Celiac Disease, Chron’s, reflux, and other digestive issues begin to clear. Arthritis and auto-immune antibodies may reduce as the inflammatory by-products of grains (and other food sensitivities) are removed. We start your health plan with an anti-inflammatory low-starch diet so YOU can see what changes occur without supplements. Weight loss can happen quickly, with no hunger or distress.
Once the diet is improving, we analyze your lab work, your health history and your remaining concerns to design a customized supplement and action program. There are no standard programs here! We’re all different and require specific support at each appointment. My goal is to identify your health priorities and address them as quickly as possible. Muscle-response testing helps identify what we need to do. But we always start with FOOD FIRST!
Clinical Nutritionists are not Dietitians or Nutritionists. Our scope of work is much larger, as we see real, high quality, food and good lifestyle choices as the first and primary input to your health. We want to examine your health from a Holistic point of view, looking from a whole body and mind perspective. Any part may be your particular priority; your dental work; your exercise; your stress levels; your exposure to chemicals, your gluten antibodies and more.
For more information on how to eat, purchase my DVD “The Diet For Human Beings” here, and tune in to my popular internet radio show “Primal Diet – Modern Health”. I’m on iTunes or find all the shows on the Radio Show page on this site. Subscribe to my Newsletter for weekly news and views, and my FaceBook page.
DISTANCE CONSULTS: Please know that I am not a miracle worker who can change your life story in one or two appointments! If you want long-term results, expect to work with me for 6 months or longer. That being said, some people desire only one appointment to get on track. That’s OK too, but limits us both to a very quick look at a complex Human Being – you!
For the first appointment, you will send me the Forms (located under the Clinic and Consults tab), as well as any lab work you have for the last few years. I will review your case for a half an hour and then we will talk for a half hour. I will give you homework, and make suggestions regarding what I see as high priority items. This first appointment is $200. Further work is $95 an hour. Please note that I do charge for time spent OFF the phone as well as ON the phone. Thanks!
Click the PayPal link to pay for your case review. We will contact you to schedule.
Directions to the Diet & Health Center San Antonio
- We are located in the Center For Life, at 12915 Jones Maltsberger, Building 600, 78247.
- We are in a group of 6 red brick office condos called The Richmond that looks like an apartment complex. We are behind the Dollar General store.
If you are coming from Hwy. 281:
- Go east on Bitters Road off Highway 281. (It becomes Bitters/Starcrest at one point
but continue straight).
- Turn left onto Jones Maltsbgerger at the traffic light at Blossom Stadium.
- Go past the Valero gas station, and take your first left into the parking lot. You will see the “12915″ numbers sign. Go around to the last building, #600.
- The entrance to the Meeting Center and the Center For Life is at the left side of the building, sharing an entrance with the Diet & Health Center and other natural health practitioners.
If you are coming from IH 35:
- Exit on Thousand Oaks and turn onto Wurzbach Parkway. Wurzbach Parkway will turn into Starcrest/Bitters Rd. Turn right at the light at Blossom Stadium at Jones Maltsberger, and continue with the directions above.