Craving a creamy mushroom chicken soup like you used to buy canned? (Only better?) Here’s a fresh gluten free Paleo version that’s easy and filling.
Most canned soups are full of MSG, starch, gums and corn syrup. In fact, canned goods in general are one of the first things to go when cleaning out your kitchen to go gluten free or Paleo.
Creamy Mushroom Chicken soup can be used as a base in many other recipes too.
- 10 oz button mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 10 oz baby bella mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 4.5 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 cups chopped onion (I used a vidalia)
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 stick unsalted, organic butter
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1T Sherry
- 1/2 cup organic heavy cream (optional)
- Sea salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1T Herbes de Provence or Sunny Paris Seasoning (from Penzey’s)
- • In a large pot, heat butter, onions, celery and garlic on low heat until onions start to become translucent.
- • Add broth, seasoning of choice, salt/pepper and mushrooms.
- • Bring to a boil. Reduce to medium heat and let cook for about 5 minutes.
- • Reduce to low heat. With an immersion blender, blend until smooth.
- • Add more salt and/or pepper if necessary.