I am constantly amazed at what occurs in those brave enough to get off gluten and other grains (including rice, corn, wheat, rye, oats, quinoa, millet and more) to see if that improves their health and life in any way.
The results I see in clients are wide-ranging and permanent, and can be neurological, emotional, bowel related, pain related, sleep, energy and more.
Grains are inflammatory for several reasons.
- All living beings defend themselves from predators. Seeds can’t run so they coat themselves with toxic substances, and with indigestible coatings. This combination prevents many animals from eating certain seeds, or from being able to digest them – they often pass through the bowel intact. Ever notice undigested corn in your toilet bowl?
- Wheat, oats, rice and corn are grass seeds. Humans did not evolve to graze on grass. Our stomachs, teeth and enzymes are all wrong. Horses, elk and camels are designed for grass and its seeds. Their digestive systems can convert the toxic seed coating into digestible food, and they don’t need higher protein and fat diets the hunter would.
- Can you imagine a hunter pausing to snack on some grass tips as he is waiting for his prey? Did we collect and eat huge quantities of grass seed, when our diets were mostly animals, leafy plants and tubers?
- Grains are inflammatory because we eat modern hybridized forms our immune systems don’t recognize as food. Our body attacks these “foods” and creates harmful inflammation.
- Grass seed is high in caloric starch, and has more inflammatory Omega 6 fats than the anti-inflammatory Omega 3’s we prefer. See our Rosita Cod Caps, and Systemic Formulas CVO Cardiovascular Oil for great Omega 3’s.
Healing the intestinal lining is of primary importance in regaining our health, no matter your age or health concerns. Getting grains out of your diet permanently is THE first step to healing that gut wall, and reducing the fermentation issues and Candida that eating grass seed cause. This is why my Diet For Human Beings DVD teaches you to avoid grains, beans, and dairy (another modern food). There’s much more in my DVD too. Grains are just one of 12 chapters.