Oven-Roasted Pumpkin and Squash
- A variety of small sugar pumpkins (3 - 4 pounds) and squashes such as acorn, butternut or hubbard. Washed and towel dried
- • Cut in half (carefully!) with a strong sharp knife, and scoop out seeds and pulp with a strong metal spoon.
- • Place face down in baking dishes and add a little water, maybe 1/4 inch deep. With acorn squash, I usually spread a little ghee on it before placing face down, and omit the water.
- • Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 60 minutes. Check the smaller squashes at 30 minutes....
- • Scoop out the flesh and place in storage jars. (I use Mason jars). You can puree the squash first or just mash it into the jars. Freeze whatever you won't eat up in the next few days. Of course, they're all great served hot with ghee and a bit of cinnamon or allspice.
Gluten Free Paleo Health Advice | Beverly Meyer | Podcast & Resources https://www.ondietandhealth.com/