Here’s “The Autoimmune Wellness Handbook” book review and my Primal Diet – Modern Health podcast with authors Mickey Trescott and Angie Alt. With 5 auto-immune disorders between them, Mickey and Angie share their successes and lifestyle tips for living well with chronic illness.
Autoimmune disorders can be hard to diagnose and medical solutions are limited. For Mickey, Angie, myself and many others in the “real food” community, going grain-free with a nutrient dense diet is a great starting place. But there’s more you can do! Mickey and Angie share additional ways to nourish your immune system and heal your life.
Enjoy our chat and enjoy the book!
Highlights of The Autoimmune Wellness Handbook
- Why the surge in Autoimmune Disorders?
- How do food intolerances contribute to autoimmunity?
- Becoming your own health advocate
- Tips on navigating traditional medicine
- 32 Recipes and a 4 week Meal Plan
- Getting the support you need and deserve
Links to things mentioned in this podcast:
- The Autoimmune Wellness Handbook is very affordable on Amazon
- Mickey Trescott’s “The Autoimmune Paleo Cookbook” on Amazon
- Angie Alt’s “The Alternative Autoimmune Cookbook” on Amazon
- Angie and Mickey’s website at www.autoimmune-paleo.com
- The difference between Bone Broth and Vital Proteins Gelatin/Collagen
- How Vitamin D can help manage genetic triggers for A.I.
Paleo and the Autoimmune Diet
The autoimmune version of the Paleo Diet is highly anti-inflammatory and a sustainable way of eating without foods that trigger the immune system. I discovered what foods to include and what foods to eliminate from my own diet many years ago. It’s been rewarding to see this diet become so popular. It can help anyone – even if you’ve never been diagnosed with an AI disorder.
Recipes from The Autoimmune Wellness Handbook
Here’s some great food to try:
- Bacon-Beef Liver Pate w. Rosemary and Thyme on page 172
- Cold “Noodle” and Salmon Salad on page 208
- Lemon Pie Date Balls on page 216