Rosita was founded by Archie Welch, co-founder of Corganic.com offering products for the Autism Spectrum. His concern over reports of digestive stress and illness with Green Pasture Fermented Cod Oil led him to Norway and the rediscovery of ancient methods for harvesting Cod Oil.
It’s a fascinating story! We spoke in this previous podcast (and extensive blog post) in 2014 where I was one of the first to interview Archie and endorse Rosita. I stopped selling Green Pasture products after just one taste of Rosita. It’s completely different and raised my suspicion that any oil that tastes that badly was probably not good for me.
Dr. Kaayla Daniel and the Weston Price Board
Archie and I also talk about Dr. Daniel’s fight with the Weston Price Foundation. As a Board member, she felt studies were warranted to discover the truth about Green Pasture Fermented Oil and wanted the WAPF to stop endorsing it. The chaos that ensued is one of our topics here.
Rosita contains only the natural Vitamins D and A actually in fresh Cod Oil, unlike Green Pasture which contains very little Vitamin D and has a poor A to D ratio. When the Weston Price Foundation did their own testing they found very little D in FCLO. This confirmed the testing done by Dr. Kaayla Daniel.
Take Vitamin K2 whenever you take Vitamin D
We speak about the importance of Vitamin K2 when taking Vitamin D (as Cod Liver Oil has). I have many posts and podcasts on K2. Don’t take Cod without it!
Highlights from the show:
- How real cod liver oil is harvested
- The story of Dr. Kaayla Daniel and the Weston Price Board
- The facts about Fermented Cod Oil and why you should switch to Rosita
- Cod Liver Oil replaces regular fish oil as well as other Cod Oils
Links to things we talk about:
- Rosita Cod Oil in my online store and in Corganic’s
- Vitamin K2 as Emu Oil in my online store and in Corganic’s store
- Premium Probiotics offered by Corganic for those on the Spectrum (and you!)