Here’s my favorite wild salmon fritatta. It’s a baked omelet with salmon and cheese and is perfect for dinner or breakfast.
Fritattas keep well, so consider packing it in your lunch box too. Put in a little re-freeze gel pack and it will be fine until lunch. This recipe has all the vegetables, fats and protein you need, although you could serve with a salad too. It’s a perfect meal.
I get all my canned Wild Salmon (and Sardines in real Olive Oil) from Vital Choice. Their products are incredible and sustainably sourced! They have by far the best Macadamia Nut Oil I have ever bought. It tastes nothing like the one I get from Whole Foods. Enjoy!
- Coconut oil, ghee or bacon drippings
- 3/4 cups each, chopped or sliced onions and peppers
- 7 whole pasture-raised eggs
- 1/2 cup pure water
- 1 tsp. Italian Seasoning
- 2 cans (7.5 oz. each) Wild Red Salmon, drained and chunked
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Cheddar or Jack cheese, divided (3/4 cup and 1/4 cup).
- • Preheat oven to 400°F.
- • Coat a 9-inch baking dish lightly with oil or butterSauté peppers and onions 6 to 8 minutes in oiled pan, until just beginning to soften. Put in baking dish.
- • Beat together eggs, water and seasoning, then stir in salmon and 3/4 cup cheese. Pour over the peppers and onions. Top with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
- • Bake 18 to 20 minutes, until puffed and golden.
- • Serves 4 as a complete meal
Want to share? Pin it here!